Altherma 3 H MT, the brand new Daikin mid-temperature hydro-split heat pump, is available now in 16 markets in Central and Eastern Europe. First and foremost designed to replace gas or oil boilers in houses built since 1990 where fossil heating systems are still very common, it is also a perfect solution for new residential buildings. The unit comes as a range extension to the Daikin Altherma 3 H HT and is an important step forward towards the market leaders vision to install a heat pump in every European home.
Vienna, December 2021 – House and home owners benefit from its high performance and silent operation and in many places from attractive local subsidies which aim to support the replacement of boilers throughout Europe. “Governmental subsidies for heat pumps are available in 13 of our 16 markets in Central and Eastern Europe in the four-digit Euro range. Such incentives can boost the renovation of older buildings, motivate people to switch to future-oriented HVAC-R technologies and thereby support the EU’s goal to decarbonize residential heating”, says Carl Lievens, Managing Director of Daikin Central Europe.
Impressive results, even in wintertime
The operating range of Altherma 3 H MT goes down to -28°C outside temperature and can also provide a leaving water temperature (LWT) of 65°C at -15°C outside temperature, by relying on the heat pump only and the comprehensive frost protection of its outdoor unit. Combined with existing radiators and underfloor heating the Altherma 3 H MT is a reliable new solution for replacing outdated heating systems. Due to its modern design it is also recommended for new family houses of up to 400 m2 (30 W/m3). The black front grille of the outdoor unit consists of horizontal lines which hide the fan and the flat grey casing allows the unit blend into any possible environment.
Carl Lievens, Managing Director Daikin Central Europe: "Subsidies for heat pumps can boost the renovation of outdated heating systems", Copyrights Daikin Central Europe
Silent, efficient and smart
- The Daikin Altherma 3 H MT is one of the most silent in its category. The sound pressure levels correspond to a noise level of 38 dBA at a distance of 3 meters, with a reduction to 35 dBA in low sound mode. The double sound reduction is achieved through triple-layer insulation of the compressor, and rubber pads between the bottom plate and the anti-vibration plate.
- It achieves an A+++ (the maximum) space heating energy label and an A+ (the maximum) in domestic hot water.
- As an extension of the Daikin Bluevolution product range it uses the refrigerant R-32 with a lower Global Warming Potential. The refrigerant is circulating only in the outdoor unit allowing easy installation and requiring only a water-side connection.
- The unit is ready to be used for smart grid applications. Thereby thermal energy for heating and domestic hot water production can be stored efficiently for an affordable night electricity tariff. The combination with thermal solar panels is also possible.
Altherma 3 H MT offers three indoor unit series to choose from
- The ECH₂O series of combi floor standing units with an integrated heat accumulator for hygienic drinking water, which is open to additional heat sources,
- The F series floor standing unit with an integrated water storage tank, with a small space and low height requirement.
- The wall-mounted unit from the W series enabling a flexible application for cascades or a hybrid solution for existing heating systems.
Patrick Crombez, General Manager Heating and Renewables at Daikin Europe comments: ”Altherma 3 H MT is an important step forward in our mission to have a heat pump in every home and, in this case, to fully replace gas boilers in recently built houses. We are happy to offer this new unit which is made in Europe for Europe.“
Daikin Altherma 3 H MT product specifications
- Extension of the Altherma 3 H HT product range
- Available in 3 classes: 8, 10, 12 kW
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1003 x 1270 x 533 mm
- Up to A+++ energy performance (space heating)
- Up to A+ energy performance (domestic hot water)
- Operating range down to -28°C outdoor temperatur
- 65°C LWT* at -15°C outdoor temperature
- Combinable with 3 different indoor units (wall mounted, floor standing with integrated tank, floor standing with ECH2O tank)
- Smart grid ready
- Cloud ready
Find here more information on Daikin Altherma 3 H MT or visit our YouTube channel. Copyrights Pictures: Daikin
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe was founded in 1999 with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria. The company’s portfolio comprises products and solutions for heating, cooling, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration. More than 450 professionals are in charge of pre-sales, sales and after-sales-services in 16 countries across Central and Eastern Europe in Austria, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Moldavia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V., Daikin Central Europe’s mother company, is a major European producer of air conditioners, heat pumps and refrigeration equipment, with approximately 10,000 people employed throughout Europe and 14 major manufacturing facilities based in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Austria and the UK. Globally, Daikin is renowned for its pioneering approach to product development and the unrivalled quality and versatility of its integrated solutions. With more than 90 years‘ experience in the design and manufacture of heating and cooling technologies, Daikin is a market leader in heat pump technology. Daikin VRV and Daikin Altherma are the most sold heat pump systems in Europe, with over 500,000 systems delivered to date.
Doris Passler, Corporate Communications Daikin Central Europe
T.: +43 664 24 56 444
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe HandelsgmbH
1230 Vienna, Austria
Press Information_New Daikin Altherma 3 H MT for replacement of gas boilers and for new buildingsPDF | 157.64KB
Daikin Altherma 3 H MT/HT_The quintessence of heat pumpPDF | 1.40MB