The latest innovation of Multi + uses state-of-the technology to lower the energy consumption of home comfort solutions by connecting up to three air conditioning indoor units and a hot water tank with one outdoor unit. A great solution for small apartments or those with limited outdoor space.
Vienna, September 2022 – Requiring minimal space, the combined heating, cooling and hot water solution is particularly suitable for apartments with tiny balconies or small terraces. With domestic hot water storage capacities of either 90 or 120 liters the Multi + is the perfect all-in-one solution for single households or pairs.
It can be considered for a new build, a renovation or the replacement of domestic hot water (DHW) systems if air conditioning is also required and it is easy to install:
- There is no need to install or replace radiators.
- All that’s necessary is to run the piping and cabling from the outdoor to the indoor units.
Flexible custom design
To meet individual aesthetical and dimensional requirements of homeowners a wide range of Daikin indoor units with several award-winning designs is available. It includes wall-mounted, floor-standing and concealed air conditioning models that fit in every apartment. But also the Multi + itself incorporates innovative design features like a fan concealed behind an elegant front grille with specially shaped fan blades that significantly reduce sound emissions.
Efficient all-in-one system
With energy labels of A+++ for cooling, A++ for heating and A for domestic hot water1) the high-efficient system helps lowering the energy consumption of households. This is particularly due to the powerful swing compressor incorporated in the Multi + outdoor unit that continuously adjusts the system’s cooling and heating output to maintain desired room temperatures. Additionally, the high thermal efficiency of the hot water tank significantly contributes to less power consumption.
Combining several systems into one allows for lower energy consumption and lower sound levels. Coupled with air-conditioning units and a domestic hot water tank, this results in the most efficient system possible.
Individual hot water supply
As people's lifestyle varies the Multi + heat pump allows to set plenty of individual preferences:
- Domestic hot water heating can be scheduled to run during the night or when nobody is home. While the standard settings of the hot water tank provide an ECO mode for a temperature of 50°C or a COMFORT mode for 60°C, these settings can be adjusted according to personal needs.
- The system also features a weather-dependent setting, where the water temperature is determined automatically by the ambient air temperature. If the outdoor temperature drops or rises, the unit compensates instantly without requiring user adjustment, which prevents sudden changes in the water temperature at tap points.
- Furthermore, the Multi + allows homeowners to set priorities for air conditioning or heating and domestic hot water: Room heating and water heating can be set to operate simultaneously for maximum comfort and efficiency. If users choose the A/C priority setting the air conditioning stays active for maximum comfort. If the hot water tank gets empty during that time the electric booster heater will come into action. If users switch to the DHW priority setting air conditioners will be deactivated while water is heated by the Multi + heat pump. Once the DHW operation is complete, the outdoor unit will be switched back to A/C operation.
Intuitive control panels make it easy for users to set their priorities. Especially, the tank control panel provides a full-text display for optimizing the temperature settings. Daikin’s Onecta app allows scheduling, control and monitoring of the air conditioning units and the domestic hot water system from anywhere, at home or away, and can be connected to voice control via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Daikin has been setting industry standards in cooling and heating for almost 100 years. At Daikin Europe specifically, a key R&D milestone was the introduction of Altherma back in 2006. Daikin was the first in the industry to launch a residential air-to-water heat pump which uses heat from the air outside to provide heating and domestic hot water inside homes, in a highly energy-efficient way. The establishment of a new EMEA Development Centre (EDC) in Ghent, Belgium, by 2024 will anchor and accelerate the company’s innovation efforts for the coming years.
Read also Daikin Europe’s latest Activity report for more insights.
Multi + is available on 16 Daikin Central Europe markets since summer 2022.
For more information on Multi + visit https://www.daikin-ce.com/en_us/product-group/air-to-air-heat-pumps/multiplus.html
1) Valid for a Multi + system with 3 x 2.0kW Emura indoor units.
Copyrights pictures: Daikin Europe
Press information_All-in-one. Daikin Multi + heat pump combines cooling, heating and hot water supply in a single energy-saving systemPDF | 214.14KB
Daikin Multi + heat pump_outdoor unit suitable for small balconiesJPG | 21.48MB
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, as a subsidiary of Daikin Europe N.V.. The company's portfolio comprises products and solutions for heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration. More than 560 employees and 2,500 partners are responsible for sales and service activities in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe (Austria, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Moldova, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia). With Your Daikin World at the Vienna headquarters, the HVAC-R industry and the construction sector has access to a modern experience center for co-creating tailor-made solutions for hotels, retail, offices or large commercial applications. It also includes one out of 9 trainings-centers in the region of Daikin Central Europe.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd. and the leading provider of heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration technology. The company designs, manufactures and brings to market a broad portfolio of equipment, as well as tailored-made solutions for residential, commercial and industrial purposes in Europe, Middle East and Africa. To date, Daikin Europe N.V. has over 12,000 employees across more than 59 consolidated subsidiaries. It has 12 major manufacturing facilities based in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Austria and the UK. The headquarters of the Daikin Europe Group are in Belgium, Ostend. The company was established in 1972, production in Europe started in 1973.
Corporate Communications Central Europe
T.: +43 664 24 56 444
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe HandelsgmbH