The fully optimized design of the compact Modular T air handling unit incorporates high-quality components and the latest technology that ensure a long lifetime, a high level of efficiency and best indoor air quality. The new Modular T is available since September 2022.
Vienna, September 2022 – The air we breathe in usually contains a broad variety of airborne pathogens, volatile organic compounds (VOCs)1), CO2 and particulate matter. What many of us don’t know is that these contaminants can have an adverse effect on our health. However, their concentration can be significantly lowered or eliminated in indoor air environments by proper air handling systems.
Creating healthier indoor air
The new Daikin Modular T which is available in five sizes with an air flow range from 200 m3/h up to more than 4,000 m3/h provides such a solution for diverse applications including schools, kindergartens, offices, gyms or shops. By filtering the outside air the unit removes external pollutants prior to supply and simultaneously extracts inside air, decreasing the concentration of indoor pollutants to ensure a constant supply of healthy fresh air.
Modular T offers advanced features
- Perfect level of indoor air quality is guaranteed with three separate stages of filtration ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
- Plug and play connection together with the DX Coil enables the combination with VRV systems or ERQ condensing units to provide a complete fresh air solution, unique to Daikin.
- An integral mixing damper helps optimize energy consumption to reduce running costs.
- Modular T comes with an counterflow heat exchanger offering up to 93 % heat recovery efficiency.
Compact and easy to install
Together with a comprehensive choice of accessories, these features make Modular T one of the most complete and compact air handling unit (AHU) ranges on the market.
Its minimal footprint is one of the defining characteristics of the new Modular T unit:
- With a maximum depth of 890 mm for the largest model, installation has never been simpler.
- Other sizes in the range are equally compact at 790 mm, while the smallest unit (size 03) is only 550 mm deep.
- In addition, larger models are supplied in sections for fast, easy transportation and handling.
- Because of the compact and slim features, Modular T can be installed in any application including retrofit /refurbished buildings as well.
The Modular T is available in two different configurations – with a right and left connection –, and can be equipped with either of the following control platforms:
- Smart Controls: Daikin F1/F2 and P1/P2 protocols provide direct connectivity to the Daikin communication platform.
- Pro Controls: The new Daikin Digital plug & play Digital controls ensure an easy and quick start-up of the unit as well as an efficient unit operation.
Modular T component schema
1. Control unit (controls and power)
2. Fresh air filter stage (one standard)
3. Return air filter stage
4. Return air filter stage
5. Supply fan
6. Bypass damper for free cooling
7. High efficiency counterflow PHE
8. Double fresh air filter stage
9. Third filter stage/post-heating water coil
10. Recirculation/mixing damper
11. Main cooling/heating DX or water coil or electric post heating coil
Daikin Modular T – right version
1) Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids. VOCs include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short- and long-term adverse health effects. Concentrations of many VOCs are consistently higher indoors (up to ten times higher) than outdoors. Source: Volatile Organic Compounds' Impact on Indoor Air Quality | US EPA
Copyrights pictures: Daikin Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, as a subsidiary of Daikin Europe N.V.. The company's portfolio comprises products and solutions for heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration. More than 560 employees and 2,500 partners are responsible for sales and service activities in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe (Austria, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Moldova, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia). With Your Daikin World at the Vienna headquarters, the HVAC-R industry and the construction sector has access to a modern experience center for co-creating tailor-made solutions for hotels, retail, offices or large commercial applications. It also includes one out of 9 trainings-centers in the region of Daikin Central Europe.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd. and the leading provider of heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration technology. The company designs, manufactures and brings to market a broad portfolio of equipment, as well as tailored-made solutions for residential, commercial and industrial purposes in Europe, Middle East and Africa. To date, Daikin Europe N.V. has over 12,000 employees across more than 59 consolidated subsidiaries. It has 12 major manufacturing facilities based in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Austria and the UK. The headquarters of the Daikin Europe Group are in Belgium, Ostend. The company was established in 1972, production in Europe started in 1973.
Daikin Industries Ltd.
Daikin Industries Ltd. based in Osaka, Japan, employs around 89,000 people worldwide and achieved sales of around 23,7 billion Euro in fiscal year 2021 (April 21 – March 22). The company is the global market leader for heat pump and air conditioning systems, as well as air filtration. Daikin Industries Ltd. is the only air conditioning manufacturer in the world that develops and produces all important components such as refrigerants, compressors and electronics in-house.
Corporate Communications Central Europe
T.: +43 664 24 56 444
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe HandelsgmbH