Daikin’s second generation of R-32 cooling-only chillers offers higher efficiencies and an increased capacity range of up to 1,010 kW (compared to previous 704 kW). The improved efficiencies result in cost savings for building owners and operators and support the reduction of carbon emissions of processes and in buildings. The new series is available in both standard cooling only version (EWAT-B-C) and hydronic free cooling version (EWFT-B-C).
Vienna, March, 2023 – Considering that 89% of emissions produced from chillers arise from equipment energy use, Daikin’s objective is to deliver maximum operating and energy efficiency while reducing emissions through the use of lower GWP (Global Warming Potential) refrigerants and improved lifecycle performance. The use of R-32 refrigerant in chillers reduces considerably the environmental impact due to the lower GWP compared to refrigerant R410A, less refrigerant quantities needed, and the possibility of recovering, reclaiming and reusing R-32 with the Loop by Daikin program for key accounts to avoid the production of virgin gas. R-32 refrigerant is Daikin’s standard of Bluevolution solutions for commercial and industrial applications.
Fully integrated features
The optimized performance of Daikin’s second generation of air-cooled R-32 chillers comes with several new features:
- The innovative design of the fan increases the air flow and the efficiency during operation and lowers the sound emissions.
- Additionally, a full metallic compressor enclosure with soundproof insulation provides protection for the compressor, while reducing sound by up to 4dB.
- The new range enables large capacities in a compact footprint with a reduction of 275 mm in length of the unit compared to the previous series.
- New features like a rapid restart, integrated sequencing capability and performance monitoring are available as options.
System management is simplified with the introduction of a new Daikin mobile app.
More flexibility and benefits
With EER1 reaching up to 3.3 and SEER2 reaching up to 5.5 the new series boasts improved energy efficiency, both at partial and full loads. All models are compliant with current Ecodesign3 requirements for comfort cooling.
Due to a wide range of operating temperatures from -12°C up to 30°C the latest Daikin air-cooled chiller range is suitable for a variety of applications, from large commercial buildings to industrial facilities and data centers, which can also benefit from the hydronic free cooling version. The hydronic free cooling units will ensure greater energy savings by taking advantage from outdoor favourable temperatures further reducing the need for electrical power, which is a key aspect for building that consume vast amounts of energy as data centers.
The standard cooling only version (EWAT-B-C) is available from February 2023 and hydronic free cooling version (EWFT-B-C) will be available from April 2023 in silver or gold efficiency versions, each in two sound configurations to offer maximum flexibility in operation.
Loop by Daikin – Recover – Reclaim – Reuse program for key accounts L∞p by Daikin | Daikin (daikin-ce.com)
About the product EWAT-B-C | Daikin (daikin-ce.com)
1) Energy efficiency ratio (EER) is the ratio of a unit’s cooling output relative to its power input. https://www.daikin.co.uk/en_gb/faq/what-is-meant-by-the-terms-cop-and-eer-.html
2) Seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) is the efficiency index based on seasonal or annual operation. https://www.daikin.co.uk/en_gb/faq/what-is-seasonal-efficiency--scop-and-seer-.html
3) Ecodesign is the European regulation that set the minimum efficiency value for comfort and process applications (Regulation (EU) No 2016/2281).
Copyrights pictures: Daikin
Daikin air-cooled chillers series EWAT-B-C with R-32 scroll compressor.
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, as a subsidiary of Daikin Europe N.V. The company's portfolio comprises products and solutions for heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration. More than 560 employees and 2,500 partners are responsible for sales and service activities in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe (Austria, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Moldova, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia). With Your Daikin World at the Vienna headquarters, the HVAC-R industry and the construction sector have access to a modern experience center for co-creating tailor-made solutions for hotels, retail, offices, and large commercial applications. It also includes one out of nine training centers in the region of Daikin Central Europe.
Manager Corporate Communications Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe HandelsgmbH
Lemböckgasse 59/1/1, 1230 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 (0) 664 24 56 444
Press information Daikin air-cooled chillers with R-32 scroll compressors as new high efficient solutionPDF | 175.30KB
Vista22_12_14.0002_4x3JPG | 98.90KB