Daikin is a global brand that meets the needs of its local markets.
We know our local markets but share the expertise and technologies of a global brand. Daikin Central Europe is operating in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe and is part of Daikin Europe N. V. (Belgium). As a subsidiary of Daikin Industries Limited (Japan) it is a leading European manufacturer of air conditioners, ventilation systems, heat pumps, hot water preparation and refrigeration solutions.
Globally, Daikin is the only company to offer all steps from development, production, sales and services related to cooling, heating, ventilation and freezing solutions from a single source. All our know-how is based on more than 90 years of experience in innovative technologies, pioneering product developments, top quality and versatile integrated solutions. Regardless of whether you are located in hot or cool climate zones, we meet your expectations.
Daikin Central Europe's parent companies
Daikin Europe N. V.
Headquarters Ostend (Belgium)
founded 1973 as subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd.
Region Europe, Middle East, Africa
More than 10.600 employees
Turnover 2020*: 3,53 Billion Euro
14 manufacturing facilities in Europe
1 European Development Centre for IoT, energy-efficient products and heat pumps
4 Satellite Development Centres
1 Environmental Research Centre with affiliate sites
Daikin Industries Ltd.
Headquarters Osaka (Japan)
More than 145 countries worldwide
More than 80.000 employees
Turnover 2020*: 18,50 Billion Euro
1 Technology and Innovation Centre in Osaka (Japan)
*(Fiscal Year April 2020 – March 2021)
Learn more about our roots
- 1924 Akira Yamada founded Osaka Kinzoku Kogyosho Ltd. and Daikin was born
- 1933 Research for fluorine refrigerants started
- 1938 Development of first Daikin refrigerator
- 1951 Daikin became the first Japanese manufacturer to mass produce self-contained and packaged air conditioning equipment
- 1957 Development of first Japanese rotary compressor (1st worldwide)
- 1958 Introduction of first packaged heat pump air conditioner (1st worldwide)
- 1973 Foundation of Daikin Europe N.V. in Ostend, Belgium (production, administration & warehousing complex)
- 1982 Launch of VRV (Variable Refrigerant Volume) on the Japanese market
- 1994 Daikin Europe received ISO 9001 quality assurance certificate
- 1997 Introduction of swing compressor by Daikin Europe
- 1999 Foundation of Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
- 2008 Acquisition of heating systems manufacturer Rotex by Daikin Europe
- 2009 First manufacturer to receive the Eco-label for heat pumps with the Daikin Altherma LT
- 2013 Launch of 1st R-32 unit Ururu Sarara Bluevolution
- 2014 McQuay Italia became DAE Daikin Applied Europe
- 2016 Acquisition of Zanotti by Daikin Europe
- 2018 Acquisition of Tewis by Daikin Europe
- 2019 Acquisition of AHT Group by Daikin Europe