We know our local markets but share the expertise and technologies of a global brand. Daikin Central Europe is operating in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe and is part of Daikin Europe N. V. (Belgium). As a subsidiary of Daikin Industries Limited (Japan) it is a leading European manufacturer of air conditioners, ventilation systems, heat pumps, hot water preparation and refrigeration solutions.
Globally, Daikin is the only company to offer all steps from development, production, sales and services related to cooling, heating, ventilation and freezing solutions from a single source. All our know-how is based on more than 90 years of experience in innovative technologies, pioneering product developments, top quality and versatile integrated solutions. Regardless of whether you are located in hot or cool climate zones, we meet your expectations.
Daikin Central Europe's parent companies
Daikin Europe N. V.
Headquarters Ostend (Belgium)
founded 1973 as subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd.
Region: 129 countries worldwide, mainly in Europe, Middle East, Africa
More than 13,700 employees
Turnover 2022*: 5,2 Billion Euro
14 manufacturing facilities in Europe
1 Central EMEA Development Centre in Ostend (Belgium): Global R&D headquarters for sustainable heating and cold chain solutions for the Daikin group
11 Satellite Development Centres with specific regional, technological and/or product focus
Daikin Industries Ltd.
Headquarters Osaka (Japan)
173 countries worldwide
More than 96.000 employees
Turnover 2022*: 28,2 Billion Euro
1 Technology and Innovation Centre in Osaka (Japan)
*Fiscal Year 2022: April 2022 – March 2023
EMEA = Europe, Middle East, Africa
Activity Report Fiscal Year 2021
Insights from insiders – Daikin Europe issues activity report on fiscal year 2021
Current societal challenges and Daikin Europe’s role as industry leader are in the focus of the latest edition of our activity report. It offers a glimpse behind the scenes of the company’s growth story, our impact as solution provider and our ambitious 5-year strategic business plan Fusion25.
The report covers key topics such as
- customer centricity,
- sustainability or
- talent management.
Look at these topics through the eyes of Daikin people that speak up in the report, download it and have a good read.
Daikin Europe Actvity report, fiscal year 2021PDF | 25.39MB
Learn more about our roots
- 1924 Akira Yamada founded Osaka Kinzoku Kogyosho Ltd. and Daikin was born
- 1933 Research for fluorine refrigerants started
- 1938 Development of first Daikin refrigerator
- 1951 Daikin became the first Japanese manufacturer to mass produce self-contained and packaged air conditioning equipment
- 1957 Development of first Japanese rotary compressor (1st worldwide)
- 1958 Introduction of first packaged heat pump air conditioner (1st worldwide)
- 1973 Foundation of Daikin Europe N.V. in Ostend, Belgium (production, administration & warehousing complex)
- 1982 Launch of VRV (Variable Refrigerant Volume) on the Japanese market
- 1994 Daikin Europe received ISO 9001 quality assurance certificate
- 1997 Introduction of swing compressor by Daikin Europe
- 1999 Foundation of Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
- 2008 Acquisition of heating systems manufacturer Rotex by Daikin Europe
- 2009 First manufacturer to receive the Eco-label for heat pumps with the Daikin Altherma LT
- 2013 Launch of 1st R-32 unit Ururu Sarara Bluevolution
- 2014 McQuay Italia became DAE Daikin Applied Europe
- 2016 Acquisition of Zanotti by Daikin Europe
- 2018 Acquisition of Tewis by Daikin Europe
- 2019 Acquisition of AHT Group by Daikin Europe
- 2021 Daikin signs commerical agreement with DUCO