Daikin has unveiled Daikin Cloud Plus, a powerful new tool that allows facility managers, technicians, building owners, and energy consultants to remotely control and optimize HVAC systems for occupant comfort and environmental performance throughout a building's lifecycle.
Vienna, January 2024 – Daikin Cloud Plus, the new cloud-based remote monitoring and service solution for commercial Daikin HVAC systems, offers real-time data and expert support to help users
- save money,
- prolong equipment life,
- and prevent unexpected problems.
Facility managers, technicians, building owners and energy consultants can access the central portal with an individual login, allowing them to track and control energy usage and performance 24/7, from setup to ongoing management. This also makes maintenance easier and reduces costs through condition monitoring.
Towards smarter and greener buildings
The tool offers a range of exciting innovations and practical features for smart HVAC system management:
- Operating in real time, Daikin Cloud Plus captures and analyses various aspects of buildings, like heating, cooling or ventilation. This helps compare energy usage and can be utilized to better plan, implement and regulate heating and cooling policies for organizations, maintaining maximum comfort whilst saving on energy costs.
- Easy-to-use controls on the portal enable users to access and remotely adjust various system settings, such as temperature, fan speed, and air flow, to meet local comfort needs. They can also save energy by pre-programming settings based on occupancy patterns using flexible scheduling options.Top of Form
- Furthermore, advanced interlocking features use "if this...then that" logic to work dynamically with building systems, making them more flexible and responsive. For instance, if a window is opened, the air conditioning adjusts or turns off to save energy and reduce operating costs.
- The state-of-the-art tool offers seamless connectivity through its open system, using common communication protocols and associated gateways/adapters. This allows for extensive data sharing and integration with other building systems, creating a customizable HVAC control solution for smarter buildings. It also enables monitoring of additional energy-consuming services, like gas and water, as well as standalone lighting systems.
- Equally important, using Daikin Cloud Plus for integration makes it possible to combine multiple sites into a single centralized platform, enabling top-down strategic management to achieve high-level, company-wide operational and energy goals.
Towards maximum reliability and service
Apart from energy efficiency, the reliability of the HVAC system is crucial for the satisfaction of building occupants, especially when reliable temperature control is of great importance. Daikin Cloud Plus allows for proactive system maintenance by anticipating and preventing unplanned downtime of heating or cooling to avoid ad-hoc repair costs and minimize disruptions.
Daikin Cloud Plus enhances existing control and maintenance programs. It involves continuous monitoring of individual indoor and outdoor units to ensure optimal performance and functionality through regular remote diagnostics. In the event of a malfunction, like a refrigerant leak or component failure requiring an on-site visit, the platform provides valuable information, allowing service engineers to arrive well-prepared, often resulting in quicker issue resolution.
Towards healthier indoor air
In addition to the mentioned new signature features, indoor air quality is receiving increasing attention to create healthy working environments. Here, the Daikin Cloud Plus platform is an excellent choice: the tool can integrate and monitor data from sensors measuring Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). In the event of deviations, warnings can be issued or automatic actions taken to ensure the well-being of building occupants through fresh and clean indoor air.
Carl Lievens, Managing Director of Daikin Central Europe, sums up: “As highlighted in our recent environmental report from Daikin Europe, Daikin's mission is to provide sustainable HVAC-R solutions through innovation, covering everything from product design to after-sales service. Our aim is to reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions over the lifespan of our systems while ensuring reliable, long-term operation. This benefits the environment and saves costs.
Daikin Cloud Plus is the perfect addition to our offerings to easily control and optimize Daikin HVAC-R solutions for various commercial buildings such as hotels, offices, shopping centers, and production facilities, while also ensuring healthy indoor air environments.”
More information Daikin Cloud Plus | Daikin
Photo copyrights: Daikin Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, as a subsidiary of Daikin Europe N.V. The company's portfolio comprises products and solutions for heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration. More than 700 employees and 2,500 partners are responsible for sales and service activities in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe (Austria, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Moldova, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia). With Your Daikin World at the Vienna headquarters, the HVAC-R industry and the construction sector have access to a modern experience center for co-creating tailor-made solutions for hotels, retail, offices, and large commercial applications. It also includes one out of nine training centers in the region of Daikin Central Europe.
Manager Corporate Communications Central Europe
Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe HandelsgmbH
Lemböckgasse 59/1/1, 1230 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 (0) 664 24 56 444